The Baltimore County Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service can help you find an attorney …
The Baltimore County Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS) is a non-profit public service project of the Baltimore County Bar Association. The goal of LRIS is to match qualified lawyers to clients with specific needs, and also to provide the client with a consultation for a nominal fee. LRIS maintains a panel of attorneys with experience in specific areas of the law (listed below).
Here is how it works:
- Due to COVID-19 our phone lines have become overwhelmed. In an effort to help us service you more efficiently, please complete this online FORM. Someone will respond to you within 24-48 hours.
- If you do not have access to internet services, please call LRIS at (410) 337-9100, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
- If necessary, you will be referred to an attorney in your geographic area who has experience with your type of legal problem.
- If you submit an online form you will receive an email with further instructions, as well as contact information for an attorney. Please note, that it is your responsibility to contact the attorney. They will not reach out to you unless you have made attempted to contact them.
- A nominal ($35.00) fee will be charged for a thirty-minute consultation with the lawyer.
- If further legal service is required, fee arrangements will be made between you and your lawyer.
PLEASE Click Here TO SUBMIT AN ONLINE FORM SUBMISSION.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the BCBA office is CLOSED to the general public until further notice. The BCBA office is located at 100 County Courts Building, 401 Bosley Avenue, Towson, MD 21204.
Panel Areas of Law include:
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Agency (County or State) Law
- Bankruptcy (Chapter 7, 11 or 13)
- Business Litigation
- Civil Litigation (Libel/Slander)
- Civil Rights/Sexual Harassment
- Contract Law (including Structured Settlements)
- Criminal Law (Juvenile, Misdemeanor, Felony, Post-Conviction)
- Elder Law
- District Court Matters
- Education (Expulsion, Suspension, Special Education)
- Employment Law
- Entertainment Law
- Guardianship (Adults or Children)
- Family Law (Separation, Divorce, Custody, Adoption, Name Change, Protective Orders)
- Insurance (Health, Other)
- Intellectual Property
- Landlord – Tenant Law
- Mediation (Civil or Domestic)
- Military Law
- Personal Injury (Motor Vehicle, Medical or Dental Malpractice, Products Liability)
- Real Estate (Residential, Zoning, Boundary Dispute, Foreclosure/Short Sale, Co-op/Condo, HOA)
- Small Claims
- Social Security
- Workers’ Compensation