The Baltimore County Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service can help you find an attorney …
The Baltimore County Bar Association Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS) is a non-profit public service project of the Baltimore County Bar Association. The goal of LRIS is to match qualified lawyers to clients with specific needs, and also to provide the client with a consultation for a nominal fee. LRIS maintains a panel of attorneys with experience in specific areas of the law (listed below).
Here is how it works:
- Call LRIS at (410) 337-9100, Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. Or, complete this online FORM. Someone will respond to you before the end of the following business day.
- You will be interviewed over the phone by a lawyer to determine the nature of the problem.
- If necessary, you will be referred to an attorney in your geographic area who has experience with your type of legal problem.
- A nominal fee ($35.00) will be charged for a thirty-minute consultation with the lawyer.
- If further legal service is required, fee arrangements will be made between you and your lawyer.
Please Click Here to complete the online form submission.
To submit a request in person, visit the BCBA office, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The BCBA office is located at 100 County Courts Building, 401 Bosley Avenue, Towson, MD 21204.
Panel Areas of Law include:
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Agency (County or State) Law
- Bankruptcy (Chapter 7, 11 or 13)
- Business Litigation
- Civil Litigation (Libel/Slander)
- Civil Rights/Sexual Harrassment)
- Contract Law (including Structured Settlements)
- Criminal Law (Juvenile, Misdemeanor, Felony, Post-Conviction)
- Elder Law
- District Court Matters
- Education (Expulsion, Suspension, Special Education)
- Employment Law
- Entertainment Law
- Guardianship (Adults or Children)
- Family Law (Separation, Divorce, Custody, Adoption, Name Change, Protective Orders)
- Insurance (Health, Other)
- Intellectual Property
- Landlord – Tenant Law
- Lemon Law
- Mediation (Civil or Domestic)
- Military Law
- Personal Injury (Motor Vehicle, Medical or Dental Malpractice, Products Liability)
- Real Estate (Residential, Zoning, Boundary Dispute, Foreclosure/Short Sale, Co-op/Condo, HOA)
- Small Claims
- Social Security
- Workers’ Compensation