- Governor Hogan issued an Executive Order on Monday, March 30th including a Stay at Home Order. Law Firms are still considered essential and may remain open. Click here for interpretive guidance and Click here for the full order.
- Maryland District Court issues Revised Policy on Interim Peace, Protective, and Extreme Risk Protective Orders (ERPOs). Click here for additional information.
- The Office of Administrative Hearings has temporarily suspended any proceedings through May 1, 2020. Click here for additional information.
- Baltimore City District Courts encourages attorneys to conduct remote conference calls for bail reviews. Click here for additional information.
- The United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland has entered Administrative Order 20-06 Addressing Certain Deadlines Related to Meetings of Creditors, Administrative Order 20-07 Addressing the Prohibition Against Recording Telephonic or Video Hearings and Administrative Order 20-08 Addressing Temporary Suspension of Courtesy Copy Deliveries. United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- Several members have expressed concern related to existing scheduling orders. The BCBA is seeking clarification from the courts.
Resources for Businesses, including Law Firms
Grants and Loans for Maryland Businesses – Maryland businesses established for at least one (1) year and with employees (paid via W2) may be eligible for a grant or loan. Grants do not have to be repaid.
- Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund – Grants up to $10,000.00.
- Small Business Relief Grant Fund
- Maryland Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Loan Fund – loan up to $50,000.00
- Emergency Relief Loan